We are Hello Dolly Limited you can find our registration details with the UK's data protection regulator here.
We are a leading independent production company and have created and produced hundreds of hours of primetime network and cable series, including competition formats, music specials, quiz shows and live chat shows for broadcasters and networks around the globe. At the heart of what we do is work with and for people to produce incredible content and as a result personal data plays a huge role – so we want to be clear about what we collect, how we collect it and why we collect it.
We primarily process your personal data for the purpose of the development, production, distribution and commercialisation of the production or productions in which you are involved.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at email@example.com
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
· Where we work with you to help bring one of your ideas to life and create your project/ tv show we will collect your name, gender, address, email address and your bank account details. We do this to take steps to enter into a contract with you and perform our obligations under that contract.
· We may also collect information from you to undertake our legal obligations such as monitoring diversity and equal opportunities as well as whether or not there are any restrictions that may stop us being able to work with you, such as right to work in the UK.
· Where you audition as part of a casting or you apply to be a part of the development or production team on one of our projects we will collect your name, gender, national insurance number, a form of ID (e.g. a driving licence), address, email address, a photo of you and bank account details. We do this to take steps to enter into a contract with you and perform our obligations under that contract including to create a bio about you or just to work together on our productions.
· When you opt-in to receive marketing emails or calls from us we may send you updates or call you about our future series and shows. We rely on your consent to contact you and you can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by responding to any email you receive from us or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us you wish to unsubscribe.
· We will also collect health information about you to ensure you are kept safe whilst on set, and to make reasonable adjustments for you when travelling. We do this in order to protect your vital interests and ensure we keep you out of harm's way.
· When you are enrolled as an employee, we will collect your name, contact details, next of kin details, proof of identity, national insurance number, qualifications, employment history, financial and salary information as well as other personal data needed to induct you as an employee and support you in your role. We do this in order to perform our obligations under your employment contract including providing you with benefits, devices and your salary.
· We may collect sensitive personal data in order to make reasonable adjustments this may include information about disabilities and other health data. We make reasonable adjustments under applicable law, which is exercising a specific obligation in the field of employment law.
· When you contact us either rby phone, email, via our 'contact us' page or via social media, we will usually collect your name, social media handle and contact details, because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
· When you attend one of our events or a third party event we also attend (including virtual events via video conferencing providers including Zoom), we will usually collect your name, address, email address and phone number. We collect this information at third party events because it is in our legitimate interests to promote our business and when you attend one of our events, we collect this information because it’s in our legitimate interests to know who’s attending our events.
· When you apply for another role with us we may collect your name, contact details, recruitment information (e.g. right to work documentation, DBS & social media checks and references), test results, qualifications, accreditations and any additional information we may receive from our recruitment partners.
· We will use your personal information to assess your suitability for our available roles. We do this to perform our contract obligations or to take steps at your request, before entering into a contract. Where we process your right to work documentation, we will do so to comply with our legal obligations.
· If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
· Production and development partners, broadcasters (inc. ITV, Netflix etc.) suppliers (inc. IT service providers) and subcontractors (inc. benefits providers) for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you to allow us to complete a project. We will usually make it clear who the other parties we are working with are on the sign up form. If you would like more information, please contact us to find out who your data is shared with in connection with a specific project/TV show.
· Promotional events and marketing organisations, we do not sell data for marketing purposes, but may share your data with an event organiser including where we run workshops with co-presenters. We will always tell you before (usually on the event registration form) and you will be given the chance to opt-out before we do this.
· Prospective buyers of our business under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
· Psychologists, medical professionals and legal professionals to comply with our legal obligations to our contributors and staff.
WHERE IS MY DATA STORED?
We store your data in the United Kingdom.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to analyse our programmes and improve them moving forward.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
1. access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
2. correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
3. ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
4. ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
5. ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
6. object to how we are using your personal data; and
7. withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales. If you are based outside of England and Wales, you can find your relevant supervisory authority here.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND MORE DETAIL
Your feedback and suggestions on this notice are welcome.
We’ve worked hard to create a notice that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at email@example.com.